Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Sale for Vendors
1. Commission Rates are 15% plus VAT (the VAT being on the commission not the sale price), plus £2.00 +VAT per lot for insurance, plus £6.50 +VAT lotting fee per lot.
2. The seller must confirm that they are the sole owner of all lots or have authority from the owners that these items can be sold or that they are the executor or administrator of the estate from which the items may be sold.
3. The seller must check all reserves and if no reserves are given then notify the auctioneers should a reserve be required.
4. All reserves have 10% discretion unless a fixed reserve is specifically agreed by the auctioneer in which case the reserve should be marked with an asterisk.
5. Where no reserve is given the auctioneers reserve the right to sell the item at their discretion to the highest -bidder or at a price the auctioneer sees fit.
6. The seller may be paid in cash or by cheque, in the latter case cheques will be sent out within 30 days of the sale. Payment will not be made until the goods have been paid for.
7. In the event of goods not being paid for twenty days after the sale the auctioneers may take steps necessary to recover the purchase price, (this could include debt collection, re-sale or legal action) dependent on the -circumstances.
8. Where transport is arranged the transport fee is to be paid by the seller to the transport contractor.
9. Where an item is unsold and the vendor fails to provide new instructions or collect the item, the auctioneers -reserve the right to sell or dispose of such items at the expense of the vendor. It is the responsibility of the Vendor to contact the Auctioneers with regard to any possible unsold items.
10. Should an item be withdrawn from a sale once the advert or catalogue has been produced the auctioneers reserve the right to charge the normal sale commission on the reserve or estimated price.
11. If any lot is an asset of the seller’s business the seller must notify the auctioneers whether he is registered for VAT and if so his VAT registered number or if he intends to operate the VAT used Goods Scheme.
Conditions of Sale for Buyers
1. The highest accepted bidder shall be the purchaser. Any bidder acting for any person who is not bidding shall be jointly and severally liable with that person for satisfaction of all obligations and liabilities hereunder.
2. Should any dispute arise between 2 or more bidders, or between the auctioneers and any bidder, the Lot or Lots in dispute shall be put up again or not at the discretion of the Auctioneers and their decision shall be final.
3. The purchaser shall give his name and place of abode at the fall of the hammer. Purchasers paying by cheque must be prepared, if required, to produce a letter of credit from their bankers.
4. The ownership of the Lot purchased shall not pass to the buyer until he has made payment in full to Crow’s Auction Gallery Ltd of the ‘total amount due’.
5. The Auctioneers reserve the right to sell in such order and manner as they shall decide and to withdraw any Lot at any time.
6. No Lot or Lots shall be removed from the Auctioneer’s premises until paid for and a receipt obtained. Each Lot shall immediately at the fall of the hammer be considered as delivered and remain in every respect at the absolute risk of the Purchaser thereof and shall be removed at the Purchaser’s expense not later than 3.00pm on the day following the Sale. Neither shall any undertaking of the Auctioneers or their servants to take charge of any Lots after the Sale or to forward them to their destination be held to impose upon the Auctioneers any legal or equitable liability or obligation. The buyer shall be responsible for any removal and storage of any Lot not taken away within 24 hours after the day of the Auction.
7. No Lot may be removed during the time of the Sale. No person to be entitled to anything not described in his Lots. No allowance whatsoever will be made for errors in description, authenticity or quantity. Purchasers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of a Lot.
8. Mechanical and electrical Lots – No warranty or guarantee is given that these are in working order.
9. Every person whilst on the premises before, during and after the Sale shall be deemed to be there at his or her own risk and with notice of the conditions of the premises or the method of arranging the furniture and no person shall have or make any claim against the seller or the Auctioneer in respect of any accident which may happen.
10. If any purchaser shall neglect or fail to comply with the above conditions the Lot or Lots shall be resold or otherwise disposed of in any way whether or not notice be given to the defaulting purchaser at the discretion of the Auctioneers and the deficiency if any incurred shall be made good by the defaulting purchaser at this present Sale
and be recoverable from him as liquidated damages.
11. The Auctioneers to be the sole arbitrators in every matter of dispute and their decision shall be final.
12. VAT – If the Vendor is registered for VAT the Lots entered will be sold as VAT inclusive. A Vendor is not deemed to be registered for VAT unless he advised us of his VAT Registration Number. THERE IS A BUYERS PREMIUM OF 22% PLUS VAT which shall be payable in addition to the bid price.
13. Please note that any lots purchased via the-saleroom.com live auction service will be subject to an additional 3% commission charge + VAT at the rate imposed on the hammer price.
14. Although information has been obtained from sources deemed reliable, the auctioneers make no warranty or guarantee express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information herein contained. It is for this reason that buyers should avail themselves of the opportunity to make inspection prior to the Sale and check any information for
15. Lots not cleared from the auction rooms after 7 working days will be subject to a storage charge of £3 per lot per day +VAT.
16. All images are the property of Crows Auction Gallery Ltd and are subject to Copyright Law.
PLEASE BE ADVISED ALL OUR TELEPHONE CALLS ARE RECORDED